Wednesday, May 2, 2007

kindling the campfire

another reader has spoken:
Anonymous said...
Don't really know if I have a SPECIFIC memory ,per se. I guess there are so many. I've lived in the W.V. since I graduated from NYU in 98 and I've loved every minute of that neighborhood.The Bedford/Grove/Barrow block is in my opinion the best in NYC. I've had so many great first dates, last dates, beers with college buddies, meeting old friends--new friends at Chumley's that no single one is the best. They are all special in their own way. It was a special place. Regardless of what happens, it will ALWAYS be a special place. I am looking forward to many more beers and burgers as soon as it reopens.Kudos for starting this site. I look forward to many more memories being shared. Who's next?

kumbaya my team, kumbaya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great story! I remember the first time I found Chumley's. I found it courtesy of one of those god-awful tours that you mention. Luckily a few years later I ended up moving here and making Chumley's a regular place.

So the tours might be annoying to the neighborhood but I will forever be grateful that I found Chumley's.