- Central Kitchen closed (thank GOD, at least temporarily) Overpriced Food that isn't that good doesn't fly on 7th Avenue South, where cheap Mexican reigns supreme
- Marc Jacobs started plotting his next (and yes that is his 3rd) store on Bleeker Street
- Birdbath brings in some awesome new chocolate to the 'hood
- Waverly Inn opened its garden
- West Village resident SJP launched a new line Bitten, the only reason why we EVER would travel to the Manhattan Mall (gasp!)
- We found, taim, the best damn falafel in the village (better yet... make that Manhattan...and it is KOSHER!
Perhaps it is because at the core, as Damrosch writes on her blog, everything is bacon and eggs.
"After I left Per Se, a former colleague passed along a story that the chef told the staff. If you want to understand commitment, he explained, all you have to do is look at the American breakfast of bacon and eggs. The chicken was involved, but the pig was committed. "